Peter Park, Dr. Trevor DeVries and Dr. Filippo Miglior won awards for Canadian Society of Animal Science at the 2016 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Salt Lake City, Utah. Peter Park placed third in the Graduate Student Oral Competition. Animal Industries Award in Extension and Public Service was awarded to Trevor DeVries and is awarded to CSAS members to recognise outstanding service to the animal industries of Canada in technology transfer, leadership and education in animal production. The recipient of the award may be employed in any sector of the Canadian animal industry. The contribution to advancement of education and technology transfer in animal agriculture in Canada must have been outstanding and sustained over time. Filippo Miglior received the Award in Technical Innovation in Enhancing Production of Safe Affordable Food. This award recognizes excellence in technical innovation and teaching with particular emphasis in the fields of biotechnology, genetics, physiology and animal behavior. The award requires a demonstration that the recipient had contributed to the production of safe and affordable food.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/04/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/24 - 2:00pm to 3:15pm
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm