Prof. Schenkel has won the prestigious "CSAS Award in Technical Innovation in the Production of Safe and Affordable Food" sponsored by Elanco Canada. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for his poster and Anne Laarman has won two back-to-back graduate student awards, one at a different meeting.
Congratulations Anne Laarman:
1. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for a poster at the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
2. Laarman, A., Dionissopoulos, L., AlZahal, O., Greenwood, S., Steele, m., B. W. McBride (2014). Effects of butyrate during subacute ruminal acidosis on VFA transport capacity in the rumen epithelium of holstein dairy cows. 2014 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Kansas City, Missouri, July 20–24., MI, Kansas. 1st Place in the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
Congratulations Wilfredo Mansilla:
3. BUTYRATE INCREASES CAPACITY FOR VFA UPTAKE AND INCREASES GENE EXPRESSION OF GLYCOLYTIC AND OXIDATIVE PHOSPHORYLATION. Anne Laarman, Louis Dionissopoulos, Ousama Alzahal, Sabrina Greenwood, Michael Steele, Jamie Matthews, Brian McBride. Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference, Ft Wayne, IN, 14 April, 2014, 1st Place in the graduate competition.
Congratulations to you all, and keep up the good work!
APS News Aug.1, 2014 By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- U of G Ghost Walk Happy Halloween!
- College Idol 2014 Happy Halloween!
- APS Sept. 2014 BBQ Fun!
- OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award Goes to Dr. Andy Robinson
- Congratulations to Dr. Trevor DeVries for receiving the Lellemand Animal Nutrition Award for his work in dairy
- Congratulations to department members for recent awards at CSAS
- Pick a dept BBQ day!
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm