Prof. Schenkel has won the prestigious "CSAS Award in Technical Innovation in the Production of Safe and Affordable Food" sponsored by Elanco Canada. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for his poster and Anne Laarman has won two back-to-back graduate student awards, one at a different meeting.
Congratulations Anne Laarman:
1. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for a poster at the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
2. Laarman, A., Dionissopoulos, L., AlZahal, O., Greenwood, S., Steele, m., B. W. McBride (2014). Effects of butyrate during subacute ruminal acidosis on VFA transport capacity in the rumen epithelium of holstein dairy cows. 2014 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Kansas City, Missouri, July 20–24., MI, Kansas. 1st Place in the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
Congratulations Wilfredo Mansilla:
3. BUTYRATE INCREASES CAPACITY FOR VFA UPTAKE AND INCREASES GENE EXPRESSION OF GLYCOLYTIC AND OXIDATIVE PHOSPHORYLATION. Anne Laarman, Louis Dionissopoulos, Ousama Alzahal, Sabrina Greenwood, Michael Steele, Jamie Matthews, Brian McBride. Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference, Ft Wayne, IN, 14 April, 2014, 1st Place in the graduate competition.
Congratulations to you all, and keep up the good work!
APS News Aug.1, 2014 By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’