Prof. Schenkel has won the prestigious "CSAS Award in Technical Innovation in the Production of Safe and Affordable Food" sponsored by Elanco Canada. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for his poster and Anne Laarman has won two back-to-back graduate student awards, one at a different meeting.
Congratulations Anne Laarman:
1. Wilfredo Mansilla won 3rd place for a poster at the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
2. Laarman, A., Dionissopoulos, L., AlZahal, O., Greenwood, S., Steele, m., B. W. McBride (2014). Effects of butyrate during subacute ruminal acidosis on VFA transport capacity in the rumen epithelium of holstein dairy cows. 2014 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Kansas City, Missouri, July 20–24., MI, Kansas. 1st Place in the Canadian Society of Animal Science Graduate Competition.
Congratulations Wilfredo Mansilla:
3. BUTYRATE INCREASES CAPACITY FOR VFA UPTAKE AND INCREASES GENE EXPRESSION OF GLYCOLYTIC AND OXIDATIVE PHOSPHORYLATION. Anne Laarman, Louis Dionissopoulos, Ousama Alzahal, Sabrina Greenwood, Michael Steele, Jamie Matthews, Brian McBride. Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference, Ft Wayne, IN, 14 April, 2014, 1st Place in the graduate competition.
Congratulations to you all, and keep up the good work!
APS News Aug.1, 2014 By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm