The Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock. CGIL is a research group affiliated with the Department of Animal & Poultry Science, part of the Ontario Agricultural College, at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Genetics and genomics research is done on numerous species of animals including aquaculture, beef, dairy, poultry and swine.
CGIL Website--> Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’