In this week’s Special CGIL Seminar, we will celebrate the recent achievements of CGIL professor emeritus Dr. Larry Schaeffer. On October 6th, 2017, Dr. Schaeffer was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Agricultural Science from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in recognition of his contributions to statistical genetics and animal breeding.
Dr. Schaeffer’s professional accomplishments span more than 40 years from aiding in the popularization of the BLUP methodology to proposing strategies for implementing genomic selection in dairy cattle. At this Special CGIL Seminar, we will view a recording of Dr. Schaeffer’s presentation at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and celebrate these achievements with some treats. Dr. Schaeffer’s presentation titled, “A Story of Genetics”, gives insight into the history of animal breeding and summarizes a lifetime of genetics and animal breeding research.
We hope that you will join us in our celebration! The seminar will begin at 1:30 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze. Following the presentation, a recording will be available for those unable to attend.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
News & Announcements
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
- More Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
- Dr. Tina Widowski, Egg Farmers of Canada Research Chair
2018/03/02 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/03/03 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
2018/03/16 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm