Please join us! The CCSAW Animal Behaviour and Welfare Seminar Series Continues!
Neonatal Behaviour and Survival
Dr. David Mellor, Institute of Vet, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, NZ
Thursday, October 12th, 12:30-1:30pm,
Room 1800, Pathobiology/AHL, OVC
Dr. Mellor will talk about survival-critial behaviours in newborn mammals: postnatal onset of behavioural flexibility in groups of young with different levels of brain maturity at birth. This will lead into discussion of questions related to fetal and neonatal consciousness, and implications for the welfare of various groups of mammals. Pre- and post-hatching consciousness of birds will also be discussed.
November seminar to be decided
Our November ABW seminar will be on either the 16th or 23rd. Stay tuned for updates!
Please join us after each talk in the Animal Science and Nutrition Building, Room 230, to chat with the speaker and enjoy coffee and snacks!
News & Announcements
- ABSc Twitter page
- Research Relationships Focus on Mink Mating
- Students Bolster Wikipedia’s Pet Nutrition Content with Science
- WiFi now available in ANNU 030 and 110
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Tina Widowski
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Eduardo Ribeiro
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Christine Baes
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm