Please join us! The CCSAW Animal Behaviour and Welfare Seminar Series Continues!
Neonatal Behaviour and Survival
Dr. David Mellor, Institute of Vet, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, NZ
Thursday, October 12th, 12:30-1:30pm,
Room 1800, Pathobiology/AHL, OVC
Dr. Mellor will talk about survival-critial behaviours in newborn mammals: postnatal onset of behavioural flexibility in groups of young with different levels of brain maturity at birth. This will lead into discussion of questions related to fetal and neonatal consciousness, and implications for the welfare of various groups of mammals. Pre- and post-hatching consciousness of birds will also be discussed.
November seminar to be decided
Our November ABW seminar will be on either the 16th or 23rd. Stay tuned for updates!
Please join us after each talk in the Animal Science and Nutrition Building, Room 230, to chat with the speaker and enjoy coffee and snacks!
News & Announcements
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm