Please join us! The CCSAW Animal Behaviour and Welfare Seminar Series Continues!
Neonatal Behaviour and Survival
Dr. David Mellor, Institute of Vet, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, NZ
Thursday, October 12th, 12:30-1:30pm,
Room 1800, Pathobiology/AHL, OVC
Dr. Mellor will talk about survival-critial behaviours in newborn mammals: postnatal onset of behavioural flexibility in groups of young with different levels of brain maturity at birth. This will lead into discussion of questions related to fetal and neonatal consciousness, and implications for the welfare of various groups of mammals. Pre- and post-hatching consciousness of birds will also be discussed.
November seminar to be decided
Our November ABW seminar will be on either the 16th or 23rd. Stay tuned for updates!
Please join us after each talk in the Animal Science and Nutrition Building, Room 230, to chat with the speaker and enjoy coffee and snacks!
News & Announcements
- Staff Position Available: Undergraduate Program Assistant
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Computational Biology Position Available
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm