Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - ~Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
About a quarter-century ago, issues of animal welfare began to attract increasing attention, and people began hearing more about the practices used in modern animal agriculture: larger farms, hundreds or thousands of animals kept in a single barn and greater confinement. Classic examples are sows kept in gestation stalls and egg-laying hens kept in “battery” cages. People were also concerned about animals being used in laboratories.Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
Read the aricle by Teresa Pitman found at http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2015/03/campbell-centre-for-animal-welfare-celebrates-25th-anniversary/
News & Announcements
- Uploading to room 141
- U of G Ghost Walk Happy Halloween!
- College Idol 2014 Happy Halloween!
- APS Sept. 2014 BBQ Fun!
- OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award Goes to Dr. Andy Robinson
- Congratulations to Dr. Trevor DeVries for receiving the Lellemand Animal Nutrition Award for his work in dairy
- Congratulations to department members for recent awards at CSAS