Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - ~Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
About a quarter-century ago, issues of animal welfare began to attract increasing attention, and people began hearing more about the practices used in modern animal agriculture: larger farms, hundreds or thousands of animals kept in a single barn and greater confinement. Classic examples are sows kept in gestation stalls and egg-laying hens kept in “battery” cages. People were also concerned about animals being used in laboratories.Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
Read the aricle by Teresa Pitman found at http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2015/03/campbell-centre-for-animal-welfare-celebrates-25th-anniversary/
News & Announcements
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
- More Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm