Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - ~Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
About a quarter-century ago, issues of animal welfare began to attract increasing attention, and people began hearing more about the practices used in modern animal agriculture: larger farms, hundreds or thousands of animals kept in a single barn and greater confinement. Classic examples are sows kept in gestation stalls and egg-laying hens kept in “battery” cages. People were also concerned about animals being used in laboratories.Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
Read the aricle by Teresa Pitman found at http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2015/03/campbell-centre-for-animal-welfare-celebrates-25th-anniversary/
News & Announcements
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
- Dr. Tina Widowski, Egg Farmers of Canada Research Chair
- OAC Students Win North American Dairy Challenge
- Cow Inspired Choruses
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm