Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - ~Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
About a quarter-century ago, issues of animal welfare began to attract increasing attention, and people began hearing more about the practices used in modern animal agriculture: larger farms, hundreds or thousands of animals kept in a single barn and greater confinement. Classic examples are sows kept in gestation stalls and egg-laying hens kept in “battery” cages. People were also concerned about animals being used in laboratories.Campbell Centre for Animal Welfare Celebrates 25th Anniversary - Research focuses on the ethics, economics and relationships between humans and animals.
Read the aricle by Teresa Pitman found at http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2015/03/campbell-centre-for-animal-welfare-celebrates-25th-anniversary/
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- 3MT Winners Announced!
2018/01/25 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/01/26 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/02/10 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018/02/16 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/03/03 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm