Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management
Increasingly, communities in Canada and around the world are seeking effective, natural resource-based solutions to meet a variety of social and environmental needs. The Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management (BBRM) program, developed in cooperation with government and industry partners, gives you the advantage in securing leadership roles in biological resource-based industries.
Canada’s first degree program in Equine Management features a hands-on approach to learning about the management of horses. Management of both the animal and associated industries are considered in this four-year program. You will learn about the biology, physiology and behaviour of horses and gain competencies in horse handling. The economical and managerial aspects of the equine industry are an important part of the curriculum. Together with an understanding of business, ethics, environment and sustainability, we prepare graduates for a broad range of leadership and management positions in the equine industry.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’