Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Guelph is known internationally as the premier centre for life sciences education and research in agriculture, food, rural communities and the environment. It is the only university in Ontario to offer a science degree in agriculture.
With four majors to choose from, you can tailor your education and experiences to your interests and career goals. From a scientific and practical understanding of the animals and plants that form the basis of our food supply, to the management of urban landscapes, the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture can put you at the forefront of one of the largest industries in Canada.
The aim of modern animal agriculture is the efficient production of quality products using humane animal production systems. In Animal Science, you will learn how environment affects productivity, how physiology affects reproduction, and how to improve food quality, production and performance through animal breeding and good nutrition. You will also study animal behaviour, housing and management systems that promote farm animal welfare, and learn how meat scientists develop tasty and nutritious products.
News & Announcements
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
- More Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm