Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Guelph is known internationally as the premier centre for life sciences education and research in agriculture, food, rural communities and the environment. It is the only university in Ontario to offer a science degree in agriculture.
With four majors to choose from, you can tailor your education and experiences to your interests and career goals. From a scientific and practical understanding of the animals and plants that form the basis of our food supply, to the management of urban landscapes, the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture can put you at the forefront of one of the largest industries in Canada.
The aim of modern animal agriculture is the efficient production of quality products using humane animal production systems. In Animal Science, you will learn how environment affects productivity, how physiology affects reproduction, and how to improve food quality, production and performance through animal breeding and good nutrition. You will also study animal behaviour, housing and management systems that promote farm animal welfare, and learn how meat scientists develop tasty and nutritious products.
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- 3MT Winners Announced!