Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Guelph is known internationally as the premier centre for life sciences education and research in agriculture, food, rural communities and the environment. It is the only university in Ontario to offer a science degree in agriculture.
With four majors to choose from, you can tailor your education and experiences to your interests and career goals. From a scientific and practical understanding of the animals and plants that form the basis of our food supply, to the management of urban landscapes, the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture can put you at the forefront of one of the largest industries in Canada.
The aim of modern animal agriculture is the efficient production of quality products using humane animal production systems. In Animal Science, you will learn how environment affects productivity, how physiology affects reproduction, and how to improve food quality, production and performance through animal breeding and good nutrition. You will also study animal behaviour, housing and management systems that promote farm animal welfare, and learn how meat scientists develop tasty and nutritious products.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm