Georgia Mason received the Medal for Outstanding Contributions from the Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW), an independent scientific and educational animal welfare charity.
The award recognizes exceptional achievements and contributions to the advancement of animal welfare.
Mason, a professor in the Department of Animal and Poultry Science, is the second U of G professor to win the honour. Retired professor Ian Duncan, a pioneer in the field of animal welfare, received the inaugural award in 2011.
“I am really pleased and honoured to receive this award from an organization that I admire,” Mason said. “It’s also nice to follow in the footsteps of our own Ian Duncan.”
Read the whole story at http://news.uoguelph.ca/2015/07/prof-receives-international-animal-welfare-award/
News & Announcements
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects