Recently the University of Guelph has been the recipient of over $10.5 M from the National Sciences and Engineering Research Counsil for an outstanding range of projects. The Awards were announced June 26th, 2014 by Ed Holder, Minister of science and technology in London, Ontario.
Prof. Alexandra Harlander, recently joined the APS faculty community and views her first NSERC Discovery grant as "a great honour." Her work has the potential to impact the health and welfare of egg-laying hen populations immensely and consumers everywhere indirectly. She is elated that her new, innovative research approach and ideas are being recognized.
Other Animal and Poultry Science Profs. receiving an NSERC Discovery grant include Drs. Renée Bergeron, John Cant, and Trevor DeVries. Dr. Bergeron's work focuses on dairy cow and swine behaviour and welfare. Dr. Cant's work is in dairy nutrition and milk synthesis. Dr. DeVries' work focuses on dairy production, nutrition and behaviour and welfare.
Congratulations to you all for your work and dedication to animal science and welfare!
APS News July 3, 2014 By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm