After nearly a year of testing the waters, the University of Guelph's research-intensive Department of Animal and Poultry Science has a new name: that is, the Department of Animal Biosciences.
Admittedly, on the surface the new name looks a lot like the old one. The word "poultry" has been retired, and "bio" added.
But dig deeper and it turns out the new name reflects a sea change that's been long underway in the department — one of the biggest, most diverse and progressive such units in Canada.
Read Owen's complete article at realagriculture.com.
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- Respecting research animals
- ABSc Twitter page
- Research Relationships Focus on Mink Mating
- Students Bolster Wikipedia’s Pet Nutrition Content with Science
2017/12/15 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm