After nearly a year of testing the waters, the University of Guelph's research-intensive Department of Animal and Poultry Science has a new name: that is, the Department of Animal Biosciences.
Admittedly, on the surface the new name looks a lot like the old one. The word "poultry" has been retired, and "bio" added.
But dig deeper and it turns out the new name reflects a sea change that's been long underway in the department — one of the biggest, most diverse and progressive such units in Canada.
Read Owen's complete article at realagriculture.com.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm