After nearly a year of testing the waters, the University of Guelph's research-intensive Department of Animal and Poultry Science has a new name: that is, the Department of Animal Biosciences.
Admittedly, on the surface the new name looks a lot like the old one. The word "poultry" has been retired, and "bio" added.
But dig deeper and it turns out the new name reflects a sea change that's been long underway in the department — one of the biggest, most diverse and progressive such units in Canada.
Read Owen's complete article at realagriculture.com.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm