After nearly a year of testing the waters, the University of Guelph's research-intensive Department of Animal and Poultry Science has a new name: that is, the Department of Animal Biosciences.
Admittedly, on the surface the new name looks a lot like the old one. The word "poultry" has been retired, and "bio" added.
But dig deeper and it turns out the new name reflects a sea change that's been long underway in the department — one of the biggest, most diverse and progressive such units in Canada.
Read Owen's complete article at realagriculture.com.
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 13
- next ›
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm