The Animal Care Committee is looking for scientists. The committee is suffering from a shortage of scientist as well as community non-animal-users representatives. In order to have a well-rounded committee, representatives from various backgrounds are needed to bring different ethical points of view to the table during deliberations over various animal use protocols.
The Animal Care Committee is the ethical review board responsible for reviewing all ‘Animal Use Protocols’ for animals used in any teaching or research on campus. The group meets once a month, usually the first Friday of the month, to review protocols and animal incident reports. Smaller sub-committees also meet intermittently for site visits at this campus as well as sister campuses around Ontario.
If you are interested please contact myself or the committee chair, Ann Wilson, at the following emails.
Judy Stryker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Wilson: email@example.com
APS News Fri. March 7, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am