The Animal Care Committee is looking for scientists. The committee is suffering from a shortage of scientist as well as community non-animal-users representatives. In order to have a well-rounded committee, representatives from various backgrounds are needed to bring different ethical points of view to the table during deliberations over various animal use protocols.
The Animal Care Committee is the ethical review board responsible for reviewing all ‘Animal Use Protocols’ for animals used in any teaching or research on campus. The group meets once a month, usually the first Friday of the month, to review protocols and animal incident reports. Smaller sub-committees also meet intermittently for site visits at this campus as well as sister campuses around Ontario.
If you are interested please contact myself or the committee chair, Ann Wilson, at the following emails.
Judy Stryker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Wilson: email@example.com
APS News Fri. March 7, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’