The Animal Care Committee is looking for scientists. The committee is suffering from a shortage of scientist as well as community non-animal-users representatives. In order to have a well-rounded committee, representatives from various backgrounds are needed to bring different ethical points of view to the table during deliberations over various animal use protocols.
The Animal Care Committee is the ethical review board responsible for reviewing all ‘Animal Use Protocols’ for animals used in any teaching or research on campus. The group meets once a month, usually the first Friday of the month, to review protocols and animal incident reports. Smaller sub-committees also meet intermittently for site visits at this campus as well as sister campuses around Ontario.
If you are interested please contact myself or the committee chair, Ann Wilson, at the following emails.
Judy Stryker: email@example.com
Ann Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
APS News Fri. March 7, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am