The Department of Animal Biosciences had outstanding success at the Intercollegiate Animal Welfare Judging Competition which was held this year at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend. In the undergraduate division, the team of Kaitlyn Dancy, Caroline Graefin, Melissa Herman, Ashley Stanford and Siarra Tiffany, all students in the Animal Biology program, were the overall winners, with Ian Duncan as coach. The competition was stiff, with 12 other teams from across North America taking part. In addition, Melissa took second place for individuals and Kaitlyn third place.
Animal Biosciences even had some input in the veterinary division. The OVC team placed second overall and Julia Robertson of that team was the second-placed individual. Julia completed a Masters by coursework in Animal Biosciences last year.
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- 3MT Winners Announced!