The Department of Animal Biosciences had outstanding success at the Intercollegiate Animal Welfare Judging Competition which was held this year at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend. In the undergraduate division, the team of Kaitlyn Dancy, Caroline Graefin, Melissa Herman, Ashley Stanford and Siarra Tiffany, all students in the Animal Biology program, were the overall winners, with Ian Duncan as coach. The competition was stiff, with 12 other teams from across North America taking part. In addition, Melissa took second place for individuals and Kaitlyn third place.
Animal Biosciences even had some input in the veterinary division. The OVC team placed second overall and Julia Robertson of that team was the second-placed individual. Julia completed a Masters by coursework in Animal Biosciences last year.
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 13
- next ›
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm