Congratulations Peter! Peter's 3MT presentation "Pig-Tacs"; Delivering Fresh, Healthy and Ethical Pork through Diet" placed first at the University of Guelph 2016 3MT Competition. Peter's research is focused on finding a simple feed additive that will remove 'boar taint' from pork possibly eliminating the need for castrating piglets.
Peter will represent the University of Guelph at the Ontario3MT® competition at Wilfrid Laurier University on April 14th, 2016. The event will be streaming live at https://livestream.com/cigionline/events/5142325 and will begin at 10am on April 14th.
Let’s get the conversation going.
For the Twitterers among you, the hashtag for the event is #3MTOnt. We will also have a couple of accounts that will be twitting throughout the event. In particular, the account of Laurier’s Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will be live tweeting (follow us @lauriergrad). If you’d like, let me know if you are planning to be active on Twitter on Thursday and we will get a list going.
We all wish you the best of luck Peter!
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- 3MT Winners Announced!
2018/01/25 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/01/26 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/02/10 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018/02/16 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/03/03 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm