The Western Nutrition Conference (WNC) is an important vehicle for the exchange of new ideas and information pertinent to the animal nutrition industry. Every year, approximately 200 participants from various nutrition–related disciplines gather to hear speakers from around the world present leading edge data and concepts important to the future success of our industry.
This year’s theme is “Honouring the Past, Focused on the Future”. We have planned a number of opportunities to celebrate the last Western Nutrition Conference before the new format for the national Animal Nutrition Conference of Canada is adopted in 2017. We expect a number of familiar faces from previous conferences to be in attendance and are hoping for a record turnout. The pre-conference symposium will be held on the afternoon of September 20 and is being sponsored by AB Vista / Robinson Bioproducts Inc. The theme will be “Leveraging tools and ingredients for animal performance and environmental benefit”.
Location: Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, Saskatoon, SK
Event Date: September 20-22, 2016
News & Announcements
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame