The Western Nutrition Conference (WNC) is an important vehicle for the exchange of new ideas and information pertinent to the animal nutrition industry. Every year, approximately 200 participants from various nutrition–related disciplines gather to hear speakers from around the world present leading edge data and concepts important to the future success of our industry.
This year’s theme is “Honouring the Past, Focused on the Future”. We have planned a number of opportunities to celebrate the last Western Nutrition Conference before the new format for the national Animal Nutrition Conference of Canada is adopted in 2017. We expect a number of familiar faces from previous conferences to be in attendance and are hoping for a record turnout. The pre-conference symposium will be held on the afternoon of September 20 and is being sponsored by AB Vista / Robinson Bioproducts Inc. The theme will be “Leveraging tools and ingredients for animal performance and environmental benefit”.
Location: Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, Saskatoon, SK
Event Date: September 20-22, 2016
News & Announcements
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student